Xamarin Cross-Platform Mobile Application Development
Length: 5 Days | Price: $2495
In this course students will learn how to use Xamarin as a cross-platform mobile development tool to build native Android and iOS apps using C# and a .NET code base.
Students will begin by learning how to use Xamarin.Forms to build Android and iOS apps using a single code base. Students will learn how to use XAML to define the UI layer for all platforms. By installing the app on both Android and iOS simulators and real test devices, they will see how the UI renders as native controls on each platform, thereby giving the app a native look and feel.
Coverage of XAML includes how to use XAML controls to interact with the use, how to use XAML to manage the UI layout, and how to connect UI events to C# event handlers. Students will also learn how to custom the UI appearance of an app for a specific platform.
Students will learn how to interact with both local data stored on the device and how to communicate with, and process data from, RESTful services using Xamarin.Forms.
Xamarin also supports Xamarin Native, which allows developers to write separate native UI code for each platform. In this course, students will learn how to install and configure Xamarin.Android, and then examine Android application architectures. They will build Android applications in C# using Xamarin.Android using the Android designers and controls.
Students will also learn how to install and configure Xamarin.iOS, and then examine native iOS application architectures. Students will build Xamarin.iOS applications in C# using the iOS designers and controls.
This course will also examine how to work with touch and location services for both Android and iOS devices.
Prerequisites: C# programming experience.
- Introduction to Cross-Platform Development
- Configuring your Development Environment
- Improving Your C#
- Introduction to Xamarin.Forms
- Customizing Xamarin.Forms Controls on Each Platform
- Working with Xamarin.Android for Native UI
- Working with Xamarin.iOS for Native UI
- Working with Data
- Working with Touch
- Working with Location Services
- Extending Your Application with NuGet and the Xamarin Components Stores
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive containing examples and lab files
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
- Class sizes are kept small in order to provide you with more personalized attention
- Our instructors have many years of training and industry experience working in their respective fields