SQL Server 2016 Business Intelligence: Integration Services and Analysis Services
Length: 5 Days | Price: $2795
SQL Server 2016 provides a rich environment for business intelligence development. The focus of this five day course is to familiarize developers with the use of SQL Server Engine, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) to create and populate data warehouses through ETL processing and build Multidimensional and Tabular models to use and reporting data sources.
Students will learn how to design and build data warehouses and marts using SQL Server Management Studio. In a series of exercises, students develop SSIS packages designed to maintain a data warehouse using the Data Flow control flow task. Also demonstrated are other control flow tasks that can interact with an NTFS file system, FTP server, execute Win32 processes, send emails, and run .NET scripts.
Based on the populated data warehouse they have created, students will then learn how to develop both Multidimensional and Tabular SSAS models using the languages Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX). Cubes will be customized to include Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Calculated Members, Named Sets, Navigational Hierarchies, and Perspectives.
Prerequisites: Familiarity with database concepts, Windows desktop navigation and software installation techniques. Attendance at SQL Programming course or Microsoft Transact-SQL Programming course is highly recommended although not required.
- Business Intelligence Framework Overview
- Integration Services Architecture
- Common SSIS Tasks
- Data Transformations
- Advanced SSIS Tasks
- Advanced Data Transformations
- SSIS Administration and Automation
- Data Warehouse Design
- Creating and Populating Data Warehouses
- Creating and Managing Cubes
- Multidimensional (MDX) Essentials
- MDX Functions
- Customizing Cubes
- Cube Deployment and Administration
- Creating and Customizing Tabular Models
- Understanding the Data Mining Process
- Working with Data Mining Structures
- Using the Semantic Models in the Presentation Layer
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive containing examples and lab files
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
- Class sizes are kept small in order to provide you with more personalized attention
- Our instructors have many years of training and industry experience working in their respective fields