Introduction to the Spring 4 Framework
Length: 3 Days | Price: $1795
This course introduces the techniques for using the powerful capabilities of Spring 4 including the three main configuration styles: Java-based (@Configuration), annotation-based (@Component), and the traditional XML-based configuration that may still play an important role in existing and new projects. It also provides guidelines for when and how to use each one.
The course starts with in-depth coverage on using the powerful capabilities of Spring's Core module to reduce coupling and increase the flexibility, ease of maintenance, and testing of your applications. Coverage also includes integrating persistence layers (e.g. Hibernate/JPA) with Spring, using Spring's powerful Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) to program cross-cutting concerns in a safe and maintainable way and using Spring's declarative transaction capabilities. It also covers integration of Spring with Java EE Web applications.
This course will enable you to build working Spring applications and give you an understanding of the important concepts and technology. Comprehensive hands-on labs provide reinforcement of the topics covered in the course and practical experience deploying solutions.
Students requiring an introduction to JEE Web Development, JDBC, JNDI, and JSP as well as Spring and Hibernate, may want to take the Programming Java EE and Frameworks: Web Application Development class instead.
Prerequisites: Java SE programming experience and an understanding of object-oriented design principles. Fundamental knowledge of XML is helpful but not required. The course Java Programming or equivalent knowledge provides a solid foundation.
- Overview of Spring Technology
- Overview of the Spring Container
- Configuration and Usage of Dependency Injection (DI) in Spring
- Annotation Driven Configuration
- Java Based Configuration (@Configuration)
- Bean Scope and Lifecycle
- Creating and Using an Annotation-Based DSL for Bean Configuration
- Overview of Spring Database Support
- Configuring a DataSource
- Using Spring with Hibernate
- Using Spring with JPA
- Overview of Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP)
- Introduction to Spring Transaction Management
- XML Configuration of Transactions
- Integrating Spring with Java EE Web Apps
- Using Spring Beans in Wep App Controller Logic
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive containing examples and lab files
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
- Class sizes are kept small in order to provide you with more personalized attention
- Our instructors have many years of training and industry experience working in their respective fields