Windows Forms Programming Using Visual Basic.NET
Length: 5 Days | Price: $2495
This course provides students with hands on experience using Visual Studio to create desktop applications using Windows Forms and the .NET Framework using Visual Basic.NET. The course provides a thorough introduction to the VB.NET programming language, including coverage of the essentials of the VB.NET programming language, built in data types, operators, control structures, classes and methods, collections and exception handling.
Students then learn how to leverage the power of the .NET Framework to build desktop applications. Students learn how to build Windows Forms applications and use with a variety of controls to create sophisticated user interfaces. Students also learn how to use the BackgroundWorker to perform asynchronous operations.
Students learn how to use ADO.NET to interact with databases and XML files. Students learn how Windows Forms uses data binding to display data in controls such as the DataGridView and Chart. Students will also learn how to leverage the power of web services by calling both SOAP services and RESTful APIs.
Other topics include: debugging techniques; using a .config file to control application configuration; building menus, toolbars and status bars; reading and writing files; interacting with the file system; and deploying desktop applications.
Comprehensive labs provide the students with extensive experience creating and deploying Windows Forms-based desktop applications.
Prerequisites: Prior programming experience is required.
- Introduction to .NET Architecture
- The .NET Framework Base Class Library
- Using the .NET Command Line Compiler
- Using Visual Studio
- VB.NET Basic Data Types, Variables and Scoping Rules
- Defining a VB.NET Class
- Working with Objects
- Converting Between Types
- Operators and Expressions
- Formatting Output
- Conditional Constructs (If/Then, If/Then/Else, I f/Then/ElseIf, Select Case)
- Looping (Do/Loop, While, For/Next, For Each, Exit For)
- Exception Handling
- Windows Forms Applications
- Understanding the ADO.NET Object Model
- Working with Windows Forms Controls
- Understanding Threading
- Working with Delegates
- Understanding ADO.NET Data Binding
- Understanding Modal vs Modeless Forms
- Working with Menus
- Working with Toolbars
- Working with Status Bars
- Working with the Windows File System
- Understanding Deployment Options
- Configuring an Application for Deployment
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive containing examples and lab files
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
- Class sizes are kept small in order to provide you with more personalized attention
- Our instructors have many years of training and industry experience working in their respective fields