Developing Mobile Websites with Responsive Web Design and jQuery Mobile
Length: 5 Days | Price: $2795
This hands-on course conveys the fundamental skills necessary to design and build responsive web sites for mobile devices such as phones and tablets. Attendees will use responsive web design (RWD) techniques such as CSS3 media queries and flexible layouts to build mobile-compatible web sites. Students will learn how to test mobile websites using emulators and simulators.
The course also provides an extensive introduction into using the jQuery Mobile Framework for building mobile-specific web sites. Students will learn how to use jQuery Mobile widgets to create forms, lists, toolbars and collapsible blocks. Students will also learn how to integrate SOA with a mobile web site including working with RSS feeds, Google Maps integration and implementing server-side data access.
Attendees will use ThemeRoller for jQuery Mobile to download existing or custom theme swatches to format the appearance of a web site. Additional topics include responding to user events, configuring jQuery Mobile defaults and using page transitions. Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
- Creating a Responsive Website
- Using CSS3 Media Queries
- Creating Flexible Grid Layouts
- Optimizing Images and Media
- Working with the Viewport
- Configuring and Downloading the jQuery Mobile Framework
- Using jQuery Mobile Widgets
- Formatting Mobile Pages with ThemeRoller
- Reacting to Mobile Specific Events
- Integration with Web Services
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive containing examples and lab files
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
- Class sizes are kept small in order to provide you with more personalized attention
- Our instructors have many years of training and industry experience working in their respective fields