Windows Presentation Foundation Programming Using C#
Length: 5 Days | Price: Please contact us for pricing information.
This course provides students with hands on experience using Visual Studio to create Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications using C#. The class provides a thorough introduction to the C# programming language, including coverage of the essentials of the C# programming language, built in data types, operators, control structures, classes and methods, collections and exception handling.
Students then learn how to leverage the power of the .NET Framework to build WPF applications. Students learn the basics of XAML and how to use it to describe the appearance and behavior of WPF user interfaces. Students also learn how to use XAML resources to manage styles, triggers and control templates.
Students learn how use a variety of WPF controls to interact with users and manage data in multi-form applications. Students explore how to leverage the power of XAML data binding. Students also learn the basics of working with images and simple animations.
Students learn how to use their data binding and command skills to implement the MVVM design pattern with WPF applications, including case studies. Students will also learn how to leverage the power of web services by calling both SOAP services and RESful APIs.
Other topics include: debugging techniques; building menus, toolbars and status bars; reading and writing files; and deploying WPF applications. Comprehensive labs and exercises provide the students with extensive experience creating and debugging WPF applications.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of fundamental HTML syntax is helpful, but not required. Prior experience with a scripting or programming language is required.
- Introduction to .NET Architecture
- The .NET Framework Base Class Library
- Using the .NET Command Line Compiler
- Using Visual Studio
- C# Basic Data Types, Variables and Scoping Rules
- Defining a C# Class
- Working with Objects
- Converting Between Types
- Operators and Expressions
- Formatting Output
- Conditional Constructs (if, if/else, switch)
- Looping (while, do/while, foreach, break)
- Exception Handling
- Working with Arrays
- .NET Collections
- Types of WPF Applications
- Structure of WPF Applications
- Understanding XAML Markup
- Handling Events in XAML
- WPF User Interface Basics
- Controlling the UI's Appearance
- Working with Transformations
- Using XAML Layout Elements
- Working with WPF Controls
- Working with Styles, Triggers and Control Templates
- Understanding Modal vs Modeless
- Working with Menus, Toolbars and Status Bars
- Working with Shapes and Brushes
- Building Simple Animations
- Overview of Data Binding
- Commands and MVVM
- Building Applications Using the MVVM Design Pattern
- Understanding Deployment Options
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive containing examples and lab files
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
- Class sizes are kept small in order to provide you with more personalized attention
- Our instructors have many years of training and industry experience working in their respective fields