Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Administration
Length: 5 Days | Price: Please contact us for pricing information.
This class consists of five days of hands-on training that focus on the fundamentals of administering the SQL Server 2014 database engine. Participants in this course will come away with the knowledge and experience required to administer SQL Server 2014. The course focuses on performing common administrative tasks, understanding how SQL Server works under the covers, and optimizing SQL Server performance as well as assuring high data availability. You will learn how to install, configure, manage, secure, automate, monitor, and optimize SQL Server 2014. You will also learn how to create, manage, back up, and restore individual databases, transfer and replicate data, configure for high availability, and plan disaster recovery.
Emphasis is placed on how SQL Server 2014 is architected, so that you will be able to make the proper decisions in configuring and managing your SQL Server instances. Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
Prerequisites: Familiarity with database concepts, Windows desktop navigation and software installation techniques. Attendance at SQL Programming course or Microsoft Transact-SQL Programming course is highly recommended although not required.
- An Overview of SQL Server 2014
- Configuring SQL Server 2014
- Installing SQL Server 2014
- Using SQL Server 2014 Management Tools
- Monitoring Data Structures
- Creating and Configuring a Database
- Monitoring SQL Server Performance
- Optimizing SQL Server Performance
- SQL Server Security Architecture
- Automating Tasks
- Importing and Exporting Data
- Maintaining High Availability of Data
- Maintaining Data Reliability
- Choosing Appropriate Database Recovery Model Option
- Designing a Database Recovery Plan
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive containing examples and lab files
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
- Class sizes are kept small in order to provide you with more personalized attention
- Our instructors have many years of training and industry experience working in their respective fields