SQL Server 2016 Business Intelligence Application Development (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
Length: 5 Days | Price: Please contact us for pricing information.
SQL Server Reporting Services 2016 contains significant new functionality and improvements over its predecessors including the new Reporting Services Web portal, support for mobile reports and dashboards, a new HTML5 rendering engine and exciting new report design enhancements.
All reports are developed utilizing SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), however the new 2016 Report Designer is also introduced. Students will complete hands-on exercises creating a number of reports including table-based, cross tabular and forms based designs. Reports utilizing the newly designed charts, gauges, KPIs, spark lines, data bars and tree maps will be built. Exercises will incorporate the use of report parameters and features such as drill down, interactive sorting, hyperlinks, book marks and report maps.
Consuming data from relational, multi-dimensional and the new tabular data sources will be incorporated into report designs. Students will become familiar with report deployment to the new Reporting Service Web Portal (replaced Report Manager) and learn how to use portal the management tools to configure report caches, snapshots and subscriptions. Instruction and practice in designing report security to insure protection of enterprise data will be provided.
The student will gain experience with the new Report Services Web portal, which enables publishing content other than paginated reports, such as Excel and Power BI. Students will also learn how to include KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) directly from a shared data set.
One day is reserved for SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). Students will learn the basics of creating SSIS packages using SQL Server Data Tools to create Extract Transform and Load solutions used to populate data warehouses and marts.
In the final day, based on a populated data warehouse they have created, students will then learn how to develop an SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) multidimensional (cube) model using Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) syntax. Cubes will be customized to include Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Calculated Members, Named Sets, Navigational Hierarchies, and Perspectives. Also, a brief introduction to the SSAS Tabular module will be provided.
Prerequisites: Familiarity with database concepts, Windows desktop navigation and software installation techniques. Attendance at SQL Programming course or Microsoft Transact-SQL Programming course is highly recommended although not required.
- Reporting Services Architecture
- Creating Basic Reports
- Advanced Report Features
- Matrix Reports
- Implementing BI Semantic Model
- Report Designer
- Reporting Services Security
- Automating Report Creation and Delivery
- Adding Custom Code
- .NET Integration with Reporting Services
- Introduction to SSIS
- Introduction to SSAS
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive containing examples and lab files
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
- Class sizes are kept small in order to provide you with more personalized attention
- Our instructors have many years of training and industry experience working in their respective fields