SharePoint 2013 Power User
Length: 3 Days | Price: Please contact us for pricing information.
This hands-on course thoroughly covers out-of-the-box features of SharePoint and how to customize these features to make the most of your SharePoint environment. . The course begins with an overview of SharePoint system architecture, then moves on to creating SharePoint Web sites. From there, students will deploy navigation solutions for users to easily locate data. Students learn how to create new sites from scratch, as well as from built-in templates. Web parts and pages are then added to sites to provide greater flexibility in the way SharePoint is presented to users.
Included are techniques for using lists to promote information sharing, creating surveys, managing tasks and projects, as well as sharing calendars. Document and file management is also covered, including setting up content approval, managing major and minor file versions, and checking-out/checking-in documents.
Students will learn how to use built-in workflows, as well as how to display database records on SharePoint sites using Business Connectivity Services (BCS).
Comprehensive hands on exercises illustrate the concepts and techniques presented, and provide practice creating common SharePoint components.
Prerequisites: Familiarity with Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows desktop operating system environment (Windows 8.1 or later). Basic understanding of NTFS file & folder structure and network access.
- Installing and Configuring SharePoint Server
- Creating and Configuring SharePoint Sites and Site Collections
- Managing SharePoint Farms
- Using the Central Administration Utility
- Adding and Modifying SharePoint Site Content
- Creating and Customizing Lists and Libraries
- Setting Custom Validation Rules for New List and Library Entries
- Setting Up Site Navigation Systems
- Setting Up Shared Calendars
- Using Built-In Web Parts
- Customizing Web Parts
- Using Built-In Workflows
- Setting Up MS-Office Documents for Co-Authoring
- SQL Database Integration with Business Connectivity Services
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive containing examples and lab files
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
- Class sizes are kept small in order to provide you with more personalized attention
- Our instructors have many years of training and industry experience working in their respective fields