Length: 5 Days | Price: Please contact us for pricing information.
This hands on PHP Programming course provides the knowledge necessary to design and develop dynamic, database-driven Web pages using PHP 7. PHP is a language written for the Web, quick to learn, easy to deploy and provides substantial functionality required for e-commerce. This course introduces the PHP framework and syntax and covers in depth the most important techniques used to build dynamic Web sites. Students learn how to connect to any modern database, and perform hands on practice with a MySQL database to create database-driven HTML forms and reports.
E-commerce skills including user authentication, data validation, dynamic data updates, and shopping cart implementation are covered in detail. Course elements include implementing RESTful servers for newer more data driven sites. Students also learn how to configure PHP and the Apache Web Server.
Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
Prerequisites: Basic computer skills and knowledge of HTML fundamentals equivalent to attending the Website Development with HTML5, CSS and Bootstrap course. Prior programming experience is helpful but not required.
- PHP 7 Architecture
- Installing and Configuring Apache for PHP
- Name-Based Virtual Hosting
- Installing and Configuring IIS
- Configuring php.ini
- Sending Output to a Browser
- Using PHP Variables and Data Types
- Defining Constants
- Arithmetic, Comparison and Logical Operators
- Conditional Statements in PHP (If, Else and Elseif , Switch)
- Looping Constructs in PHP (While, Do… While, For, Exit & Break)
- Declaring Functions
- Predefined PHP Functions
- Using Include Files
- Working with Arrays
- Creating Associative Arrays
- One-Dimensional Arrays
- Multi-Dimensional Arrays
- String Manipulation Functions and Regular Expressions
- Form Data Collection
- Using Cookies
- Starting, Continuing, & Destroying Sessions
- Using Environment Variables
- Using phpMyAdmin
- Installing and Configuring MySQL
- Executing SQLCalls
- Debugging and Error Handling
- Using ODBC
- Writing OOP PHP
- Implementing RESTful Servers with PHP
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive containing examples and lab files
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
- Class sizes are kept small in order to provide you with more personalized attention
- Our instructors have many years of training and industry experience working in their respective fields