Node.js Application Development
Length: 4 Days | Price: Please contact us for pricing information.
This hands on Node.js course will teach front end designers and server side developers how to rapidly create, maintain, and deploy Node.js applications. This course includes thorough coverage of the Node.js architecture, the V8 engine and the Node Ecosystem. The course takes a practical approach to creating and organizing Node.js applications using functions and modules as part of the Node.js organizational structure. This course will provide attendees with a comprehensive understanding of Node.js core modules and how to procure and install packages using npm. Attendees will learn to identify and correct problems through unit testing and exception handling.
Attendees will learn how to use Node.js to create Command Line Interface applications for system administration and process management, use Node.js networking modules to communicate with TCP/IP clients and servers such as HTTP servers, and create / consume REST (Representational State Transfer) data services. Attendees will learn how to leverage frameworks such as Express to rapidly build Web Applications. Attendees will learn how to use Node.js to connect to NoSQL databases such as MongoDB to store, retrieve, and manipulate data (i.e., achieve data persistence).
Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
- Node.js Overview
- Node.js Global Environment
- ES6 Enhancements
- Installation and Configuration
- Programming Fundamentals with Node
- Using Modules to Organize Code
- Unit Testing and Debugging with Node.js
- Implementing Unit Tests with the Assert Module
- System and Data Interaction With Node
- Interacting with the System Using the os Module
- Data Persistence with Node.js
- MongoDB Capabilities
- Web Application and Network Programming
- REST-Based Web Service Fundamentals
- Process Management with the process Module
- Creating Modules
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive containing examples and lab files
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
- Class sizes are kept small in order to provide you with more personalized attention
- Our instructors have many years of training and industry experience working in their respective fields