ASP.NET MVC Programming Using VB.NET
Length: 5 Days | Price: Please contact us for pricing information.
This course provides students with hands on experience using Visual Studio to create dynamic web applications using ASP.NET MVC and VB.NET. The class provides a thorough introduction to the VB.NET programming language, including coverage of the essentials of the VB.NET programming language, built in data types, operators, control structures, classes and methods, collections and exception handling.
Students learn how to leverage the power of the Model-View-Controller design pattern with the ASP.NET MVC Framework to separate the layers of a web application. Students will use the ASMX and Razor view engines to design a user interface. Students will learn how to build models to manage an application's data layer using both the Entity Framework and LINQ to SQL. And students will learn how to build controllers containing action methods to manage communication between views and models.
Other topics include data scaffolding; URL routing; implementing security; using MVC and Web Forms in the same application, unit testing; and deploying ASP.NET MVC applications. Comprehensive labs provide the students with experience creating, debugging, testing and deploying dynamic ASP.NET MVC applications.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of fundamental HTML syntax is helpful, but not required. Prior experience with a scripting or programming language is required.
- Introduction to .NET Architecture
- The .NET Framework Base Class Library
- Using the .NET Command Line Compiler
- Using Visual Studio
- VB.NET Basic Data Types, Variables and Scoping Rules
- Defining a VB.NET Class
- Working with Objects
- Converting Between Types
- Operators and Expressions
- Formatting Output
- Conditional Constructs (If/Then, If/Then/Else, I f/Then/ElseIf, Select Case)
- Looping (Do/Loop, While, For/Next, For Each, Exit For)
- Exception Handling
- Working with Arrays
- .NET Collections
- User-Defined Data Types
- Overview of LINQ
- Overview of Model-View-Controller Design Pattern
- ASP.NET MVC Application Architecture
- Creating Controllers
- Using the ASMX View Engine
- Using the Razor View Engines
- Using Web Forms in an MVC Application
- MVC Unit Testing
- Securing MVC Applications
- Configuring an ASP.NET Application for Deployment
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive containing examples and lab files
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
- Class sizes are kept small in order to provide you with more personalized attention
- Our instructors have many years of training and industry experience working in their respective fields