iOS Programming for iPhone® and iPad® Applications Using Objective-C
Length: 5 Days | Price: Please contact us for pricing information.
Participants in this hands-on course will learn about and gain practice developing iOS applications for iPhone and iPad devices. Attendees will learn all the basics needed for iOS development, from installation of the Xcode editor to the Apple approval process. The Objective-C language is presented and used in hands on exercises to learn how it interacts with the hardware systems.
In hands on exercises, students will use built-in data views as well as create custom screens for data entry and presentation. Students will learn to follow Apple's design recommendations to provide clean interfaces that appropriately size to various devices and screens.
The course includes coverage of scheduled background execution to allow code to be run when the app isn't active and to schedule alerts to draw attention back to the app.
Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency. Students will create apps from the ground up, demonstrating the features of Objective-C and serving as an introduction to developing apps for release to the App Store.
Prerequisites: Prior programming experience in an object-oriented language such as Java, C# or C++.
- Installation and Configuration of iOS Development Tools
- Objective-C Language Syntax
- MVC Architecture in Practice
- The ARC System
- Usage of the Most Common Views and View Controllers
- Storyboard Development for Multiple Platforms
- Use of the NeXTStep Objects
- Data Persistence Using CoreData and iCloud
- Threaded Programming Support
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Web Services Support
- How to Develop Interfaces for Multiple Platforms and Resolutions
- Views and View Controllers
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive containing examples and lab files
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
- Class sizes are kept small in order to provide you with more personalized attention
- Our instructors have many years of training and industry experience working in their respective fields
iPad® and iPhone® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.