Length: 4 Days | Price: $2095
This hands on Python programming course shows how to rapidly develop and maintain effective Python programs. The course includes thorough coverage of Python syntax, built in data types and control constructs. The course takes a practical approach to creating and organizing Python programs using functions, packages, modules and classes as part of Python's object-oriented paradigm. Attendees will use regular expressions to rapidly process data captured from users and from the file system.
Attendees will learn how to use Python to create scripts that manipulate data, automate tasks, perform error handling and store and retrieve data by using relational databases. Students will be able to create Python scripts that assist with system administration.
Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
Prerequisites: Prior scripting experience or knowledge of fundamental programming concepts.
- Python Language Fundamentals
- The Python Standard Library
- Using Regular Expressions
- if/elif/else Statements
- Creating Loops with while and for
- Handling Exceptions with try/except/finally
- Using ASCII and Unicode Strings
- Manipulating Strings with String Methods
- Defining and Calling Functions
- Working with Arguments
- Object Oriented Programming
- Sending Output to STDOUT Using the print() Method
- Reading Input with the input() Method
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive containing examples and lab files
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
- Class sizes are kept small in order to provide you with more personalized attention
- Our instructors have many years of training and industry experience working in their respective fields