ASP.NET Web Forms Programming Using C#
Length: 5 Days | Price: $2595
This course provides students with hands on experience using Visual Studio to create dynamic Web sites with ASP.NET Web Forms and the .NET Framework using C#. The class provides a thorough introduction to the C# programming language, including coverage of the essentials of the C# programming language, built in data types, operators, control structures, classes and methods, collections and exception handling.
Students then learn how to leverage the power of the .NET Framework to build Web user interfaces. Students will learn use the power of ASP.NET Web server controls combined with HTML5 to design Web pages. They will use ASP.NET Validation controls to provide both client-side and server-side data validation for user input. Students will learn how to use master pages to enforce a consistent look and feel across a set of Web pages, as well as how to use user controls to reuse smaller pieces of HTML across multiple pages.
Students explore the complexities of state management in ASP.NET Web Forms and how to use session and view state objects to manage state between HTTP requests.
Students spend time exploring how to use ADO.NET to interact with databases by running SQL queries and executing stored procedures. They will also learn how to read/write XML files using DataSets and DataTables. Students learn how ASP.NET Web Forms data binding to easily display data in list controls, the GridView control and the DetailsView control.
Microsoft provides support for Ajax-enabled Web Forms applications using the ASP.NET AJAX Framework. Students will learn how to use some of the server-side features to make asynchronous postbacks from the browser, perform partial page updates using the UpdatePanel, use CSS to dim a page during postback and use the Timer fetch data from the server asynchronously.
Other topics include: using a Web.config file to control application configuration; working with the query string; working with cookies; reading and writing files; and deploying ASP.NET web applications. Comprehensive labs provide the students with extensive experience creating and deploying dynamic ASP.NET Web Form applications.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of fundamental HTML syntax is helpful, but not required. Prior experience with a scripting or programming language is required.
- Introduction to .NET Architecture
- Creating Web Sites using Visual Studio
- C# Basic Data Types, Variables and Scoping Rules
- Defining a C# Class
- Working with Objects
- Converting Between Types
- Operators and Expressions
- Formatting Output
- Conditional Constructs (if, if/else, switch)
- Looping (while, do/while, foreach, break)
- Exception Handling
- Working with Arrays
- .NET Collections
- User-Defined Data Types
- Overview of LINQ
- Overview of Object-Oriented Programming
- Creating ASP.NET Web Forms Applications
- Using ASP.NET Server Controls
- Handling Events
- Using ASP.NET Server Controls
- Using ASP.NET Validation Controls
- Reusing Design: User Controls and Master Pages
- Maintaining State
- Overview of ADO.NET
- Using XML
- Using Data Binding
- Introduction to ASP.NET AJAX
- Deploying ASP.NET Applications
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive containing examples and lab files
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
- Class sizes are kept small in order to provide you with more personalized attention
- Our instructors have many years of training and industry experience working in their respective fields